With all the hustle and bustle of December, remember to check in on the garden from time-to-time. The rabbits may be preparing their holiday feast with fresh cuts from your landscape. Here are a few reminders.
- Lightly prune evergreens and berry plants for winter decorations.
- Check soil moisture if the weather has been mild and dry. Water as needed, especially conifers and newly planted trees, shrubs, and perennials.
- Gently remove heavy snow loads from trees & shrubs.
- Scout for animal damage and install fencing if necessary.
- Look around your winter landscape to see if there are changes that could be made next spring to increase the interest.