January 1Even though your plants may be dormant, there are some things you can do to keep your yard in peak shape. Keep an eye on your slumbering plantings, and make plans so you’re ready when warm weather returns.
- Check soil moisture if the weather has been mild and dry. Water as needed, especially conifers and newly planted trees, shrubs, and perennials.
- Gently remove heavy snow loads from trees & shrubs.
- Scout for animal damage and install fencing if necessary.
- Begin planning your vegetable garden. Plan to try some of Finke’s homegrown vegetable transplants.
- Contact a landscape designer at Finke Gardens to schedule a design appointment. Winter is a great time for planning! Landscape Design Services
- Re-application of anti-transpirants may be needed on newly planted evergreens. Follow product label for guidelines.