Winter is quickly on it's way. Before you huddle down and hibernate, take a sunny day to finish up these things in the yard. Then sit back and enjoy the holidays and winter landscape.
- Continue to plant trees and shrubs until the ground freezes.
- Continue to water new tree and shrub plantings during stretches of warm weather.
- Irrigate the lawn and landscape beds if rainfall has been insufficient, especially conifers and newly planted trees, shrubs, and perennials.
- Protect trees and shrubs from wildlife with trunk guards or chicken wire.
- Apply protective mulch to perennials. Loose straw or shredded leaves work well.
- Gently remove heavy snow loads from trees & shrubs.
- Apply anti-transpirants to newly planted evergreens.